ON AIR NOW

Regular Programming
Regular Programming
12:00am - 5:30am
National News

 

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Demonstrators carried signs, chanted and marched in a peaceful protest hours after the family of a black man shot by police released video showing the events leading up to his death.

 

Shooting

 

Friday's march through Charlotte's business district was the fourth night of demonstrations over the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott earlier in the week.

 

After darkness fell, dozens of people took to the streets to urge police to release dashboard and body camera video that could show more clearly what happened. Police have said Scott was armed, but witnesses say he held only a book.

 

The group, which appeared smaller than previous nights, carried a banner that said "Just Release the Tapes."

 

Earlier in the day, footage recorded by Keith Lamont Scott's wife and released by his family shows his wife repeatedly telling officers he is not armed and pleading with them not to shoot her husband as they shout at him to drop a gun.

 

The 2 ½-minute video released by the family does not show the shooting, though gunshots can be heard. In the video Scott's wife, Rakeyia Scott, tells officers that he has a TBI, or traumatic brain injury. At one point, she tells her husband to get out of the car so police don't break the windows. She also tells him, "don't do it," but it's not clear what she means.

 

 

Keyword Search


Delay Information





Local News

Visitor Polls
Which virtual assistant do you like the best?

On Facebook

On Twitter