Alger Family Escapes Safely but Lose Everything in House Fire

A house was destroyed by fire early this morning in Alger.

According to Alger Fire Chief Tony Watts, firefighters were dispatched to 103 North Front Street at around 5:25 this morning.

The house was fully involved in flames upon arrival and was listed as a total loss.

The family made it out of the house safely. They lost a dog and a cat in the fire.

Mutual assistance was provided by fire departments from Ada, McGuffey, Harrod, Roundhead and Kenton.

The fire remains under investigation.

The American Red Cross North Central Ohio Chapter responded to the fire and provided assistance for the immediate needs the of two adults and four children living in the home, such as temporary lodging, food and clothing.

Volunteer responders also provided the family with comfort kits of personal hygiene items, blankets and stuffed animals for the children.