Kenton Officials Asking Residents to Prepare for Possible Snow Emergency Declaration
The following information was submitted by Kenton Safety-Service Director Cindy Murray….
In preparation for Thursday predicted snow event the City of Kenton is asking for assistance from all residents.
- All inoperable vehicles need to be removed from street parking. The city will tow vehicles at the owner’s expense, if a snow emergency is declared.
- Republic Trash Services will start pick-up on Wednesday an hour early. All trash containers need to be removed from the curb by midnight Thursday unless Republic maintains their Thursday 4th ward route as scheduled. An announcement concerning Thursday’s 4th ward schedule will be made by noon on Wednesday. Listen to WKTN or follow the City of Kenton Government on Facebook for the announcement. The city is not responsible for any trash containers damaged while clearing snow from the city streets.
- All vehicles should be parked on the odd side of the street beginning midnight, Thursday February 3rd.
- Number 1 priority when clearing roads will be the State highways (Detroit, Main, Franklin, Columbus, Fontaine, W. Espy). Around the school, Bales Road, and collector streets such as Eliza, Leighton, Decatur, Kohler, etc. will be next, followed by the side streets and alleys last. The city salts the main highways along with some intersections on the side streets. Please be patient with the snow plow teams.
- Finally, the city reminds all citizens that they are responsible for clearing snow from their sidewalks.
Again, the City of Kenton wants to thank our citizen’s in advance for their patience.
Any changes or updates will be announced as quickly as possible.