Upper Scioto Valley kindergarten Registration
Upper Scioto Valley Local School
|Date:||July 27, 2021|
|Location:||Upper Scioto Valley Local School|
The Upper Scioto Valley kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be held on Tuesday, July 27 from noon to 7 pm and Wednesday, July 28 from 8 am to 2 pm at the Upper Scioto Valley Local School, McGuffey, Ohio. Please visit www.usvschools.org to register your child. If you have questions, please call 419-757-3231 extension 4. You will be notified in July of your appointment time.
At the time of registration, you must bring your child, your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, custody papers if applicable and two proofs of residency. The school will not allow registration without these documents. Registration will take approximately one hour.
Immunizations required for Kindergarten entrance are:
– Four (4) or more of DTaP or DT, or any combination. If all four doses were given before the 4th birthday, a fifth (5) dose is required. If the fourth dose was administered at least six months after the third dose, and on or after the 4th birthday, a fifth (5) dose is not required.
– Three (3) or more doses of IPV. The FINAL dose must be administered on or after the 4th birthday regardless of the number of previous doses. If a combination of OPV and IPV was received, four (4) doses of either vaccine are required
– Two (2) doses of MMR. Dose 1 must be administered on or after the first birthday. The second dose must be administered at least 28 days after dose 1.
– Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B. The second dose must be administered at least 28 days after the first dose. The third dose must be given at least 16 weeks after the first dose and at least 8 weeks after the second dose. The last dose in the series (third or fourth dose), must not be administered before age 24 weeks.
– Two (2) doses of varicella vaccine must be administered prior to entry. Dose 1 must be administered on or after the first birthday. The second dose should be administered at least three (3) months after dose one (1); however, if the second dose is administered at least 28 days after first dose, it is considered valid.
If your child has NOT had all the required immunizations, please call your doctor or go to the Kenton-Hardin Health Department to complete these requirements PRIOR TO kindergarten registration.