Fire Damages Garage and Other Equipment Monday Night

A garage was damaged by fire Monday night.

According to information from the Kenton Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched just before 10 to the 15,000 block of State Route 31.

When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke and fire were visible coming from the garage attached to a trailer owned by Greg Osborn.

The fire, which was blamed on electrical failure, caused $70,000 in damage to the garage, as well as a tow truck, zero turn mower and bobcat.

Mutual assistance was provided by Fire Departments from Mt. Victory and Ridgeway.

Firefighters were on the scene for around an hour and a half.