Kenton City Council Held a Meeting Monday Night

Written by on November 25, 2019

The Kenton City Council Held a Meeting Monday Night


During last night’s meeting there were two ordinances that had the three reading rule suspended and were then passed. 


The first ordinance allowed the City of Kenton to enter into a highway project with the Ohio Department of Transportation. With this joint project the city will be responsible for 20% of the construction costs and the state will cover the other 80%. Kenton’s share of the cost will be approximately $25,000. 


The second ordinance allowed for $7,500 to go to the Tourism and Convention Bureau as well as $13,280 worth of transfer of funds to better balance accounts for the end of the year. 


During public participation the Council was addressed by George Wyndham concerning the Lake of Lights. Mr. Wyndham announced that on November 29th at 5:30 there will be a grand opening ceremony along with a ribbon cutting and that the council and community is welcome to attend. 


On December 9th there will be a Council Public hearing at 6:30PM concerning the rezoning of a property at 836 W. Franklin Street. 


The next meeting of the Kenton City Council will be held on Monday December 9th at 7 P.M.

Current track