Superintendent Explains Origin of Fire in Riverdale Classroom Monday
Written on September 10, 2019
The origin of a fire at the Riverdale school Monday that forced the evacuation of the building and cancellation of afternoon classes was explained.
Superintendent Jeffrey Young released a letter on the school’s Facebook page Monday evening explaining that the fire started as a small grease fire in the Home Economics room during Food Science class.
The fire was extinguished quickly and there was no damage and no injuries.
Smoke travelled down the hallway and into other parts of the building resulting in the decision to send the students home early.
The superintendent thanked the parents, students, staff, administration and first responders for their impressive actions during the event.
The school was in session today as scheduled.